We are very proud that students from all over the country are choosing to attend Academy of Make Up Arts!
AMUA currently subleases student apartments at Music City Flats, 1617 Lebanon Road, Nashville, TN 37210 (approx. 2 miles from the school). Please contact us at 615-925-9963 to find out if space is available for your desired program session.
Music City Flats Apartments
About AMUA Student Apartments
- Legally, only three (3) unrelated persons can live in a house or apartment at the same time
- There may be up to three (3) students assigned to our 2 bedroom apartments
- All students must complete an application which consents to a criminal background check ($35)
- We do our best to accommodate any student in need of housing; student apartments may be co-ed and are transgender friendly
- AMUA furnishes each apartment with twin beds, couch, tv, kitchen table and chairs, kitchen utensils, dishes, glasses, pots and pans, shower curtain, bath mats, etc…
- You will need to provide the bed sheets, towels and other personal choice items
- Each apartment includes internet access and a streaming device for entertainment
- Private rooms requests will be evaluated based on the order in which received, however, AMUA reserves the right to determine best case scenario room assignments when necessary. Private rooms are priced at a specified higher weekly fee.
- There are no washer / dryer hookups in these apartments but there is a laundry room at the apartment complex or you may choose to go to a laundromat in the neighboring suburb of Donelson
- Move in dates will be emailed to you but may be subject to change / we will keep you posted on any and all changes
Student Housing Rates
|Fashion Program||Advanced Program||Special Effects Program|
Payment for the entire term is due upon move-in unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
Prices above do not include: $35 Application Fee / $100 Security Deposit + $50 non-refundable Cleaning and Restoration Fee is included in your Invoice (once approved)
How to Apply
Complete the Rental Application for Music City Flats
Pay the $35 Rental Application Fee
Once approved, students will also need to sign a Student Housing License Agreement
Upon receipt of the completed Student Housing License Agreement, occupancy dates will be confirmed and students will be invoiced.
If you should have any questions about AMUA student housing, please feel free to contact the AMUA office to speak with one of our team members.
Students looking for short-term student accommodations in Nashville may want to consider extended stay hotels or furnished corporate rentals. They come equipped with a kitchen or kitchenette, beds, and everything but your personal items so you need not worry about the hassles of moving and long term apartment contracts.
You may also like to contact student services to see if there are other out-of-town students looking for roommates during your program to split the cost!
Short Term Rentals
Furnished with Finesse– furnished corporate rentals ($$$)
Airbnb– find a private room, shared room, or private dwelling
Apartment Communities within 5 minutes of AMUA
Ryman Lofts– (Income restriction) Nashville’s first affordable apartment residence with a preference for people pursuing a career in the arts. Ryman Lofts is a 60-unit building featuring breathtaking views of Downtown Nashville and the Cumberland River. This is an income-restricted community. For more information, visit their website.
Nance Place– (Income restriction) Quality service combines with an affordable price to create a pleasant living experience at Nance Place. Carefree living is what you find from the moment you step foot into one of our studio, one, two or three bedroom floor plans.
City View– Hoisted at the highest peaks of Downtown Nashville, you can capture the most beautiful views of the Music City’s Skyline. Created historical architecture our homes revitalized with all the convenience of modern design.
Terra House– Perfectly situated above the Cumberland River, with sweeping views of the Nashville skyline. Mere steps away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown and all the excitement it has to offer. Built with reverence and heartfelt stewardship upon a truly historic site, with a rich cultural legacy all its own. This is where you’ll find one of the most brilliantly modern and progressively green dwelling places in Nashville today.
Downtown Apartments within 10 minutes of AMUA
Capitol Towers– (utilities included) A Unique Nashville Residence Close to Downtown, Amenities and Cultural Events! New studio apartments with 3 month minimum rental. (Parking not included)
Lofts at 160– The Lofts at 160 is one of downtown Nashville’s most unique residential communities. Settled between the scenic Cumberland River and vibrant Second Avenue, the Lofts at 160 is walking distance from downtown businesses, restaurants and sports and entertainment venues. (Parking for 1 car included)
The Stahlman Building– The Stahlman is located in the heart of downtown Nashville, on Union Street at Third Avenue. The century-old Stahlman Building features cherished design details such as tile mosaic floors, hallways lined with veined marble, hundred-year-old hardwood floors and original mahogany doors, complemented by a host of modern amenities. (Parking for 2 cars included)