It’s no surprise that students from all over are choosing Academy of Make Up Arts to advance their careers in makeup, special effects and wig design. Due to the fast-paced design of our programs, most students are only at AMUA for three months to a year. Finding an apartment that will lease to students for less than six months can be quite challenging, especially with the unprecedented Nashville housing market surge. To help out, we have established a relationship with a couple of short term rental companies for your off-campus student rental needs. Other options may be apartments, sublets, roommates, or hotels.
About Student Apartments
* Apartments are located off-campus but convenient to public transportation
* Two students may be assigned to a shared 1-bedroom apartment or three students may be assigned to a shared 2-bedroom apartment
* Apartment buildings are co-ed and LGBT friendly; individual apartments may be female only, male only or any other configuration as deemed fit
* We do our best to accommodate any student in need of housing; student apartments may be co-ed and are transgender friendly
* Each apartment has a kitchen with stove, refrigerator and dinette set
* Each apartment has a bathroom with a shower
* Living areas are furnished with chairs and/or couches and a television
* Bedrooms are furnished with twin bed(s), chest(s) and closet or wardrobe
* There are no washer/dryer hookups; laundromats are located nearby
* Students will need to provide own bed and bath items and toiletries
* Apartments includes internet access
* Private room requests will be evaluated based on the order in which received, however, AMUA reserves the right to determine best case scenario room assignments when necessary. Private rooms are priced at a specified higher weekly fee.
Student Apartment Rates
|Approximate Cost of Student Apartments||Fashion Program||Advanced Program||Special Effects and Wig Programs|
|Shared Rate ($200 / week)||$1,400||$2,000||$4,000|
|Private Rate ($300 / week)||$2,100||$3,000||$6,000|
Payment for the entire term is due upon move-in unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. Bear in mind, the prices quoted above are for the duration of the program only, and do not include the days or weeks between your final attendance date and graduation.
Prices above do not include $35 Application Fee
How to Apply
Complete the Rental Application
Pay the $35 Rental Application Fee
Once approved, students will also need to sign a Student Housing License Agreement
Upon receipt of the completed Student Housing License Agreement, occupancy dates will be confirmed and students will be invoiced.
If you should have any questions about AMUA student housing, please feel free to contact the AMUA office to speak with one of our team members.
Students looking for short-term student accommodations in Nashville may want to consider extended stay hotels or furnished corporate rentals. They come equipped with a kitchen or kitchenette, beds, and everything but your personal items so you need not worry about the hassles of moving and long term apartment contracts.
You may also like to contact student services to see if there are other out-of-town students looking for roommates during your program to split the cost!
Short Term Rentals
Furnished with Finesse– furnished corporate rentals starting around $90 per night
Airbnb– find a private room, shared room, or private dwelling
Apartment Communities within 5 minutes of AMUA
Ryman Lofts– (Income restriction) Nashville’s first affordable apartment residence with a preference for people pursuing a career in the arts. Ryman Lofts is a 60-unit building featuring breathtaking views of Downtown Nashville and the Cumberland River. This is an income-restricted community. For more information, visit their website.
Nance Place– (Income restriction) Quality service combines with an affordable price to create a pleasant living experience at Nance Place. Carefree living is what you find from the moment you step foot into one of our studio, one, two or three bedroom floor plans.
City View– Hoisted at the highest peaks of Downtown Nashville, you can capture the most beautiful views of the Music City’s Skyline. Created historical architecture our homes revitalized with all the convenience of modern design.
Terra House– Perfectly situated above the Cumberland River, with sweeping views of the Nashville skyline. Mere steps away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown and all the excitement it has to offer. Built with reverence and heartfelt stewardship upon a truly historic site, with a rich cultural legacy all its own. This is where you’ll find one of the most brilliantly modern and progressively green dwelling places in Nashville today.
Downtown Apartments within 10 minutes of AMUA
Capitol Towers– (utilities included) A Unique Nashville Residence Close to Downtown, Amenities and Cultural Events! New studio apartments with 3 month minimum rental. (Parking not included)
Lofts at 160– The Lofts at 160 is one of downtown Nashville’s most unique residential communities. Settled between the scenic Cumberland River and vibrant Second Avenue, the Lofts at 160 is walking distance from downtown businesses, restaurants and sports and entertainment venues. (Parking for 1 car included)
The Stahlman Building– The Stahlman is located in the heart of downtown Nashville, on Union Street at Third Avenue. The century-old Stahlman Building features cherished design details such as tile mosaic floors, hallways lined with veined marble, hundred-year-old hardwood floors and original mahogany doors, complemented by a host of modern amenities. (Parking for 2 cars included)