It’s no surprise that students from across North America are choosing Academy of Make Up Arts to advance their careers in makeup, special effects and wig design.
As you probably know, finding an apartment that will lease for less than six months can be quite challenging. At AMUA, we offer individual leases that run the length of your specific training program(s). Individual leasing allows you and your roommates to pay rent separately so you never have to worry about roommates not paying their share.
We currently have five fully-furnished student apartments. Two units are private and the other three may be shared with one other student. Private rooms are rented at $250 per week and double rooms are rented at $150 per week. Beds are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Other options may be apartments, sublets, roommates, or hotels.
Student Housing at 1012 Carolyn Ave.
1012 Carolyn Avenue is an historic 1933 stone cottage located in hip and artsy East Nashville, just a short drive or bus ride from downtown Nashville.
There are five individual apartment units within this house.
- Unit 1 is shared and is located on the ground level.
- Unit 2 is shared and is located on the ground level.
- Unit 3 is private and is located on the second floor.
- Unit 4 is private and is located on the second floor.
- Unit 5 may be shared or private and is located on the ground level.
Despite being just off busy Gallatin Avenue, our accommodations are in a quiet neighborhood, with many cute dogs to be seen out for walks in the morning and evening. East Nashville’s amazing sights are as exciting as those downtown, without parking hassles or the tourist crowd.
Carolyn House is located less than six miles from Academy of Make Up Arts and it takes about 12 minutes to drive there via I-24. Taxis, Lyft and Uber all offer reasonable rates ($6 – $9 typical to downtown).
- Apartments are located off-campus with convenient public transportation options
- Apartment buildings are co-ed and LGBT friendly
- Each apartment has a kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and toaster oven, plates, cups and silverware
- Each apartment has a bathroom with a shower
- Living areas are furnished with chairs and/or couches and a television
- Bedrooms are furnished with a bed(s), chest(s) and closet or wardrobe
- There are no washer/dryer hookups; coin laundromats are located nearby
- Students will need to provide own bed and bath items and toiletries
- Apartments include high-speed Wi-Fi internet access
- Private room requests will be evaluated based on the order in which they are received; AMUA reserves the right to determine best case scenario room assignments when necessary. Private rooms are priced at a specified higher weekly fee.
Student Apartment Rates
|Approximate Cost of Student Apartments||Fashion Program
|Special Effects & Wig Program
|Shared Rate ($150/week)||$1,050||$1,500||$3,000|
|Private Rate ($250/week)||$1,750||$2,500||$5,000|
Payment for the entire term is due upon move-in unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
Full payment is due upon move-in unless other agreements have been made in writing.
Please make checks payable to: Academy of Make Up Arts or AMUA
Please write “Student Housing” in memo field so the payment gets applied appropriately.
Mail checks to: 830 Fesslers Pkwy, Ste 114, Nashville, TN 37210